Stress and Mental Impairments
If you have questions about stress tolerance in a disability case, a Charlotte SSD attorney can help. Call the Bridgman Law Offices at (704) 815-6055 today.
Social Security Disability Claims for Stress-Related Mental Impairments
Clients of a Charlotte SSD lawyeroften have questions about how stress and mental impairments are viewed in a claim for Social Security Disability.
Stress Tolerance in a Social Security Disability Claim for Mental Impairments
Your Charlotte SSD lawyer will explain that problems with stress tolerance often result in Administrative Law Judges determining that the claimant is able to perform work that is low in stress. This, however, is not always true.
A claimant might view certain work requirements as stressful, including:
- The speed with which the job must be done
- The precision the work requires
- The complexity of the job
- Meeting certain deadlines
- Whether or not there is a schedule that must be followed
- Making decisions in the course of work
- The necessity of working with others
- Having to deal with strangers and/or supervisors
- Being subjected to critiques
- Having knowledge that the work is under scrutiny
Your Charlotte SSD Lawyer will try to show that your reactions to these issues might include extreme circumstances such as terror, panic, fear, chest pain, hot flashes, fear of death, fear of losing control and many other reactions that might arise.