OUR DISABILITY LAWYERS IN GREENSBORO NC DISCUSS HOW IMPORTANT THE DOCTOR’S OPINION CAN BE
If you are filing for Social Security disability and find that you need assistance, contact your disability lawyers in Greensboro NC to schedule a consultation. The skilled disability lawyers in Greensboro NC have the experience necessary to help you step-by-step through what is usually a complicated process. When filing for disability, it is important that you have a medical opinion to validate your medical condition. The information provided by your disability lawyers in Greensboro NC how important a doctor’s opinion on your condition can be for your claim. If you need clarification on any of the following information, contact your disability attorney for a consultation.
THE BENEFIT OF A DOCTOR’S OPINION IN YOUR DISABILITY CLAIM
If you have a doctor who is non-controlling and they have an opinion, just because they are not the controlling physician, it does not mean that their opinion will be rejected. Their opinion could still sway the SSA’s decision in your case. The SSA will evaluate the weight of the non-controlling physician’s opinion after considering the following:
- The treatment relationship between the claimant and the physician
- How well the treating physician knows the claimant
- What the treating physician’s specialty is
- How often the physician has treated the claimant
- The quality of the treating physician’s source for their explanation
- The types of examinations and tests that have been performed on the claimant
- How supported the opinion is by evidence
- The consistency of the opinion with the existing evidence
If you are being treated by a doctor employed by the Veterans Administration, their opinion is valid and they are able to complete a report that will be submitted to the SSA.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Greensboro Disability Lawyers
For an experienced professional to help with your disability claim, contact our Greensboro disability lawyers today from the Bridgman Law Offices at (888) 632-9912. The Bridgman Law Offices have the Greensboro disability lawyers who will use their skills and knowledge to help you get a successful outcome in your disability case. Call today for your consultation.